Episodes 33 & 34 - Darcy Jongebloed & Fi
In these two episodes, I chat with my student Dietitian-on-placement, Darcy Jongebloed about her experiences as a student, then she turns the tables on me to do a big ol' FAQ!!
Recently graduated Darcy Jongebloed shares her experience of being a HAES-aligned student dietitian and the resource she developed using the Transtheoretical Model of Behaviour Change (see below)
Here Darcy & I speak about:
In this ep, the tables are turned and Darcy interviews Fi with all the burning questions about HAES and Non Diet practice.
- Why is Fi a non-diet dietitian?
- Has she always practiced from a non-diet lens?
- Why Fi believe it’s essential that non-diet units are included in all dietetic courses.
- The challenges she faces with students and peers who are very weight centric and opposed to HAES/non-diet and how she approaches them.
- Is HAES/non-diet a cult, extreme, black or white?
- Does Fi ever talk about weight and size with her clients?
- How to incorporate HAES/non-diet into areas where it is not so obvious such as clinical and sports dietetics.
- Two key take-aways for dietetic students, which you can start applying now!